The Avangrid (RG&E) Benefits Service Center Hub is:
|Some information about Ken Kuzia and Rand Gee:|
His friend and former co-worker, Rand Gee, has kept Ken Kuzia busy for the last couple of years. Rand has written three books and Ken has edited and supplied graphics for two of them. Rand is currently working on another book that Ken will be editing and contributing illustration for the front cover.
The books that the duo have worked on together include:
- Village Secrets – a collection of short stories about the residents of a small lakeside resort town in Wisconsin. Rand needed some images that represent small town America, so Ken took pictures of the buildings on Main Street in Victor. The individual pictures decorate the blank pages before the start of new chapters. Ken also created a larger picture where he combined the individual buildings into a panorama of Main Street. The panorama wraps around the book from the front cover, over the spine, and across the back cover.
- Palindromes, Paraprosdokians, and Posters – a collection of sentences that read the same forwards and backwards (palindromes), comical sentences that start off well but end with an ironic and unexpected twist (paraprosdokians), and hilarious posters that Rand creates and hangs on public bulletin boards in the small town of Pentwater, Michigan, where he lives. Rand likes to tell of the reactions of the “town folk” as they try to make sense of the posters. Rand wanted a picture of Albert Einstein with rainbow colored hair to grace the front cover. However, the people who own the rights to Albert’s images wanted too much money for the rights to use a picture. So, Ken created a likeness of Einstein, but used his own face instead of Albert’s.
- The Forgotten Mines and Coal Towns of Thoms Run Road – a detailed history of a coal mining area near Pittsburgh that has had little written about it. Rand and a co-writer, Gene Czambel, have compiled a great deal of research about the area from where Rand’s Family hails. Ken is colorizing an image for the front cover. The image is a picture taken in the late 1800’s showing a group of men standing before the Hickman Hotel that was built and run by Rand’s great-grandfather. In the picture, the one gentleman, who looks like Rand, is his great-grandfather.
As a hobby, Ken takes photos of local scenes and digitally enhances them to look like paintings.Examples of his work, including images of main Street, Victor, can be found at: http://vicartgroup.wixsite.com/the-art-of-ken-kuzia.
|This is older information, and these folks have already returned, but Avangrid sent a handful of employees to Puerto Rico last year.|
Eight Avangrid Networks employees have arrived in Puerto Rico to aid in the ongoing recovery of the electrical system that was essentially wiped out by Hurricane Maria on Sept. 20.
These eight employees, representing our Avangrid Networks electric utilities, are part of a larger effort coordinated by the New York Power Authority, which includes employees from all major New York utilities. They will remain in Puerto Rico for a month.
More than 50 employees offered their services to those so desperately in need knowing they miss family time over Thanksgiving.
- Beverly Allen, NYSEG
- Deborah Boislard, UI
- Eduardo DelMonte, UI
- Marco Hernandez, UI
- Michael Langlois, NYSEG
- Marilyn Martinez, Avangrid Networks, New York
- David McHugh, Avangrid Networks, Maine
- Marco Mendez, NYSEG
|If you know of folks that should be getting this newsletter - have them check their spam or junk folders. I have come across a few that we send to, request that I put their email in, but they never open them, so I assume they are caught up in spam.|
Post a Comment